Shelby County, Ala. is suing the Justice Department because they think that Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 (and its reauthorization in 1982 and 2006) is unfair.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spotlight on United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
- No pause in royal ceremony after 38 teen dancers killed in crash
- Kenya scores big in Beijing while South Africa faces new claims of rugby racism
- Quakers revive Freedom Schools to provide historic clarity, healing, advancement of just society
- UN experts say violence likely for foreseeable future in South Sudan