More than 75 years ago, in the midst of the Great Depression, Sophie Tucker is quoted as saying, “I’ve been rich and I’ve been poor; believe me, rich is better.” While that line might have humorous then, the truth today is not funny; we can’t afford to be poor.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eviction plan in cards for Zimbabwe's landless poor
- An African leading light dims as Ali Mazrui passes
- An officer's betrayal: Decorated black FWPD officer fights for job, reputation
- Bishop T.D. Jakes suing Young Jeezy, Kendrick Lamar
- Acclaimed jazz artist Art “Turk” Burton to play at American Legion Post 148