More than 75 years ago, in the midst of the Great Depression, Sophie Tucker is quoted as saying, “I’ve been rich and I’ve been poor; believe me, rich is better.” While that line might have humorous then, the truth today is not funny; we can’t afford to be poor.
Top Posts & Pages
- The 2014 Elections: What’s at stake for African Americans
- Fort Wayne’s De’Zheana Lattimore headed for Hollywood
- South Africa rejects light sentence for ‘Blade Runner,’ prepares appeal
- An officer's betrayal: Decorated black FWPD officer fights for job, reputation
- Obituaries: October 29-November 5 Edition