(GIN)—A new report released by Amnesty International lays blame on Nigerian security forces for the detention and deaths of hundreds of civilians in the military’s ongoing war against Boko Haram, an Islamist group in the country’s north-east. Hundreds of prisoners suffocated in overcrowded cells, others died from starvation and extra-judicial killings, according to the report. […]
Top Posts & Pages
- Experimental 'ZMapp' drugs fails to save Ebola doctor from Sierra Leone
- Science fiction can rescue black communities
- Troubling, misleading leaks ‘inflame’ volatile conditions in Ferguson, Mo.
- New Indiana Expungement Law offers B and C Felonies second chance
- Al Cowlings: The real lesson in the O.J. Simpson case