(GIN)—An oil company’s offer to compensate some 13,000 fishermen who lost their livelihoods when an oil pipeline burst and caused fishing water to be fouled for years was unanimously rejected as “an insult” and “cruel.” The Bodo community of the Niger Delta of Nigeria gave thumbs down to the offer from the Anglo-Dutch company Royal […]
Top Posts & Pages
- Rebellion, confrontations with police as another young black male is gunned down
- Chadwick Boseman in 'Get on Up' does his thang
- Crime and Safety Report: August 20-26
- Rev. Stewart Speaks! Don’t let him catch you with your work undone!
- Special treatment for whites led to Marikana bloodbath, inquiry told