(GIN)—More than half a million applicants turned up for jobs offered by the Nigerian Immigration Service last week and in the resulting crowding, some 20 panicked jobseekers were killed in a stampede. An inquiry is being sought by the National Labor Congress and the Coalition against Corrupt Leaders. The two groups condemned the immigration service for […]
Top Posts & Pages
- Eviction plan in cards for Zimbabwe's landless poor
- Obituaries: October 22-28 Edition
- Acclaimed jazz artist Art “Turk” Burton to play at American Legion Post 148
- An officer's betrayal: Decorated black FWPD officer fights for job, reputation
- Husband, wife performers destined for 'A Lesson before Dying'