By Jazelle Hunt NNPA Washington Correspondent WASHINGTON (NNPA)—Although private schools are often lauded for providing a better education to students, the same can’t be said of private prisons, which house a disproportionate number of people of color, according to a report published in the latest issue of Radical Criminology, an online scholarly journal. “The overrepresentation […]
Top Posts & Pages
- Troubling, misleading leaks ‘inflame’ volatile conditions in Ferguson, Mo.
- Experimental 'ZMapp' drugs fails to save Ebola doctor from Sierra Leone
- Commissioner of Mississippi Department of Corrections indicted on mass corruption
- Workshop, choir reunion, concert set for Greater Progressive
- Obituaries: November 19-25 Edition