By Benjamin Todd Jealous The federal government shutdown is approaching three weeks. At the time of this writing, the shutdown has already furloughed hundreds of thousands of federal workers, frozen social programs for low and moderate-income communities, and significantly slowed down economic growth. The great irony of this temper tantrum over federal health care reform is that it has […]
Top Posts & Pages
- Troubling, misleading leaks ‘inflame’ volatile conditions in Ferguson, Mo.
- Experimental 'ZMapp' drugs fails to save Ebola doctor from Sierra Leone
- Workshop, choir reunion, concert set for Greater Progressive
- Commissioner of Mississippi Department of Corrections indicted on mass corruption
- Obituaries: November 19-25 Edition