(GIN)—European donors opened their wallets again to pledge some $2.4 billion for the reconstruction of Somalia. The money throws the Horn of Africa nation another lifeline as it attempts to end more than two decades of conflict. The money has been called a “New Deal” for what is widely regarded as a failed state. European Union (EU) […]
Top Posts & Pages
- BBC faces new attacks over Rwandan genocide film
- Burkina Faso's army pick to fill ousted president's seat
- Troubling, misleading leaks ‘inflame’ volatile conditions in Ferguson, Mo.
- Maasai homeland to be sold to Dubai royal family for hunting reserve
- Black military leaders uphold proud tradition of service