On Aug. 28, two aircraft touched down at the Israeli airport in Tel Aviv carrying 450 Ethiopian Jews—the last of an official government operation, which began as early as 1979, to bring these compatriots (also known as Beta Israel which in Hebrew means “the house of Israel”) to Israel.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eviction plan in cards for Zimbabwe's landless poor
- An African leading light dims as Ali Mazrui passes
- An officer's betrayal: Decorated black FWPD officer fights for job, reputation
- Bishop T.D. Jakes suing Young Jeezy, Kendrick Lamar
- Acclaimed jazz artist Art “Turk” Burton to play at American Legion Post 148