The film “42” is not just a baseball story. It’s a compelling history lesson as well. It tells the story of not just baseball, but of a central facet of 20th century American life—the suffocating reach of racism—in the decades before the 1960s.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eviction plan in cards for Zimbabwe's landless poor
- An African leading light dims as Ali Mazrui passes
- An officer's betrayal: Decorated black FWPD officer fights for job, reputation
- Bishop T.D. Jakes suing Young Jeezy, Kendrick Lamar
- Acclaimed jazz artist Art “Turk” Burton to play at American Legion Post 148