(GIN)–When Santa Claus comes to town in Amsterdam, it’s not a cluster of elves leaping around the robust figure in red waving at cheering children and adults. The dancing figures are “Black Petes” white Netherlanders in blackface wearing Afro wigs. Servants of St. Nick, they are variously Black Pete playing music or singing; Black Pete […]
Top Posts & Pages
- Eviction plan in cards for Zimbabwe's landless poor
- Obituaries: October 22-28 Edition
- Acclaimed jazz artist Art “Turk” Burton to play at American Legion Post 148
- An officer's betrayal: Decorated black FWPD officer fights for job, reputation
- Husband, wife performers destined for 'A Lesson before Dying'