FORT WAYNE—In memory of George Smith the Martin Luther King Jr. Club is sponsoring a guided motorcoach Civil Rights Tour June 18 through June 22. The tour is scheduled to visit several historical sites in the South made famous during the 1960s. The itinerary includes stops in Birmingham, Ala., and in Meridian, Miss., and Philadelphia, Miss.
Tour highlights include:
• Tour Birmingham Civil Rights Museum
• Visit Kelly Park, 16th Street Baptist Church, etc.
• Juneteenth Activities
• Attend Meridian tribute to George Smith
• Attend 50th Annual Commemoration in honor of 3 slain civil rights workers and other martyrs
• Visit Rock Cut Road where the murders took place
• March for Justice to the courthouse in Philadelphia
Cost for bus transportation is $130 per person.
Contact Sheryl or Sharon at (260) 493-1534 or (260) 447-9685 to register for the trip and obtain hotel information.