By Sheryl Edwards and Nellie Hicks
Exclusive to Frost Illustrated
FORT WAYNE—In honor of Women’s History Month, the Fort Wayne Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated is scheduled to host a luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., March 23 at Link’s Wonderland, 1711 E. Creighton Ave. The theme of the event is “Women Who Have Made a Difference.” Community participation is desired and requested.
Attendees are asked to select an honoree, bring (treat) them to lunch to be recognized and honored and provide their name for a special presentation at the event. This is a great opportunity to acknowledge and honor a special woman (mother, grandmother, aunt, friend, co-workers, etc.) in your life during Women’s History Month.
The cost for a ticket is $15 each. To request tickets or more information, contact Sheryl Edwards at 260/493-1534 or send an email to email@example.com. Deadline for tickets is March 17, 2013.
As part of its community service, Zeta has established a Memorial Scholarship to help finance higher education. The amount of the scholarship varies from $250 to $1,000 and is non-renewable. The scholarship will be awarded to a high school senior who strives for excellence both academically and in the community.
• Must be pursuing a post-high school education at a technical school, two-year or four-year college/university.
• Must demonstrate scholastic potential (does not necessarily need to be in the top 10 percent of the class).
• Must have made a contribution to the community and school.
• Must have a financial need.
• Must agree to an interview with Eta Upsilon Zeta Scholarship Committee if requested.
• Must submit a Zeta Memorial Scholarship Application, personal statement, and official transcript postmarked by March 15, 2013 to: Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. Eta Upsilon Zeta Chapter P.O. Box 11712 Fort Wayne, IN 46860.
Applications can be obtained from any member of Zeta Phi Beta or by contacting Nellie Hicks at (260) 485-0151. You can also mail your request to Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. Eta Upsilon Zeta Chapter P.O. Box 11712 Fort Wayne, IN 46860 by March 15, 2013.
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated was founded in 1920 on the campus of Howard University. The organization was established for the purpose of promoting the cause of education by encouraging the highest standards of scholarship through scientific, literary, cultural and educational programs; promoting charitable projects on college campuses and within the community; fostering the spirit of sister love and promoting the idea of Finer Womanhood.