FORT WAYNE—Educator, wife, mother, actress and overall servant of God. Those are just a few titles that describe the renowned Evangelist Janice Culver, the keynote speaker at the installation service of the newly formed Women Ministerial Alliance of Fort Wayne, scheduled for 7 p.m., Nov. 15 at Renaissance Baptist Church, 5515 S. Hanna St.
Evangelist Culver is a prime example of the work that woman have and can do in the ministry.
Born and raised in Gary, Ind., to the late Rev. J.A. and Frances Rucker, Culver is a graduate of Lew Wallace High School, and Calumet College of St. Joseph with a Bachelor of Science degree in business. She also has extensive education, training and experience in Christian ministry.
“I was called to evangelize the Word of God in 1992 and received my ministers license through the PAW (Pentecostal Assemblies of the World),” said Evangelist Culver. “ I have attended Moody Bible Institute and Northern Baptist Seminary.”
Her stewardship is extensive, with her serving in a number of capacities in various organizations, including:
• State Minister’s Wives President of the Original General Missionary Baptist State Convention;
• Public Speaking instructor in the Congress of Christian Education of the National Baptist Convention, USA Inc.;
• Assistant superintendent of Sunday School; and Sunday School teacher;
• Assistant program chairman of the Interdenominational Sunday School Superintendent and Teachers Council of Gary and Vicinity;
• Director of the Jerusalem Drama Ministry, which just completed their fall production called “Choir Rehearsal” by Roosevelt Wright;
• Volunteer van driver for the Jerusalem summer feeding program and
• Choir member.
She said she also has been a member of the “Amen” corner for her husband of 27 years, the Rev. Isaac Culver Jr.
Culver is the mother of three sons, Cedric (Ashly), the Rev. Isaac (Joi) and the Rev. Maurice (Marissa); grandmother of five, including Marly, Silas, Isaiah, Chloe and Andrea Lillie Anne.
Evangelist Culver currently is working as a marketing executive for WLTH AM 1370 and is a student at the Acting Studios of Chicago and commercial talent for Lily’s Talent Agency, Chicago. Culver is completing a role of Delphina in her first feature film “The UnMiracle” due out in early 2015.
Of all her life roles, however, Culver said there is one role she most relishes.
“What I enjoy most of all is that I AM a child of the LIVING GOD,” she said.